Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood to help them survive. And today scores of employees with the City of Atlanta answered the call to donate. The Department of Human Resources sponsored a blood drive with the American Red Cross in the Old Council Chambers. Also on hand, were representatives from the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia, who say that thousands of people in the state suffer from the disease and that blood drives like this are vitally important to save lives.
- Enjoy A Safe And Happy Pride From The City Of Atlanta
- Atlanta Community Leaders Celebrate National Coming Out Day By Sharing Their Stories
- Atlanta’s Heritage Owner-Occupied Rehab Program Helps Senior Residents Stay In Their Homes
- Mayor Bottoms Convenes Summit To Lift Up Atlanta’s Boys
- Affordable Housing Along The Atlanta Beltline Is Both A Goal And A Reality