Urban streams and waterways face any number of environmental challenges. Mitigating those problems in Atlanta is the job of the city’s Department of Watershed Management, led by Commissioner Kishia Powell. Recently, we followed DWM employees Kelly Rudell and Lenny Tucciarone as they assessed the aquatic health of Proctor Creek in Northwest Atlanta. With a resurgent fish population and a thriving greenspace, the prognosis for the creek is very good.
- Legacy Of John Lewis Inspires Voters And Unique “Earthwork” Art At Freedom Park
- The Mayor’s Office Of Immigrant Affairs Coordinates Food Drives For Hundreds of Atlanta Families
- A Behind-The-Scenes Look At Atlanta’s Lifesaving Warming Center
- Spread Holiday Cheer This Year – Not The Coronavirus
- Mayor Bottoms Joins Groundbreaking For Atlanta’s Third @Promise Youth And Community Center