Urban streams and waterways face any number of environmental challenges. Mitigating those problems in Atlanta is the job of the city’s Department of Watershed Management, led by Commissioner Kishia Powell. Recently, we followed DWM employees Kelly Rudell and Lenny Tucciarone as they assessed the aquatic health of Proctor Creek in Northwest Atlanta. With a resurgent fish population and a thriving greenspace, the prognosis for the creek is very good.
- Want To Get Answers To Your Election2020 Voter Questions? ATL311 Is The App For That
- Biketober Is The Perfect Time To Get Out, Get Healthy And Explore Atlanta
- Early Voting For The General Election Begins With Atlanta Residents Showing Up At The Polls Before Sunrise
- For Many In Atlanta The Beach Is Right Around The Corner – The “Dog Beach” Of Morningside
- Residents All Over The City Are Volunteering To Help Keep Atlanta Beautiful