Urban streams and waterways face any number of environmental challenges. Mitigating those problems in Atlanta is the job of the city’s Department of Watershed Management, led by Commissioner Kishia Powell. Recently, we followed DWM employees Kelly Rudell and Lenny Tucciarone as they assessed the aquatic health of Proctor Creek in Northwest Atlanta. With a resurgent fish population and a thriving greenspace, the prognosis for the creek is very good.
- Retiring Corrections Chief Patrick Labat Receives City’s Highest Honors And Praise From Atlanta Leaders
- Using The Power Of Art To Commemorate World AIDS Day
- Get Outside And Enjoy The Boundless Beauty Of Atlanta In The Fall
- Atlanta Partners With HomeSafe Georgia Mortgage Program To Help Save The Homes of Vulnerable Residents
- The Popular “Guns N’ Hoses” Charity Boxing Event Is Back To Help Raise Money For Atlanta’s Police Athletic League