Urban streams and waterways face any number of environmental challenges. Mitigating those problems in Atlanta is the job of the city’s Department of Watershed Management, led by Commissioner Kishia Powell. Recently, we followed DWM employees Kelly Rudell and Lenny Tucciarone as they assessed the aquatic health of Proctor Creek in Northwest Atlanta. With a resurgent fish population and a thriving greenspace, the prognosis for the creek is very good.
- ATLcounts Takes Census2020 Front And Center In The MLK Day Parade
- Transforming The Atlanta Jail Is A High Stakes Gamble Where The Whole City Wins
- With The New Uber App Atlanta’s 911 Dispatchers Are Right There With You In Your Rideshare
- Ouleye Ndoye Warnock Breaks Down The Many Forms Of Human Trafficking That You Might Not Be Aware Of
- The Sankofa Art Exhibition Leaves A Powerful Imprint At Atlanta City Hall